An at home creation is always something that you should want to take time to make. This recipe for pork carnitas is one that will satisfy your taste buds with lots of flavor. The carnitas will be made of a pork shoulder, which can be around 6 to 9 pounds of meat, so you may have some leftovers depending on how hungry you are.
- Preparation: The pork shoulder needs to be skinless so that you can apply the seasoning directly on to the meat.
- Mix: Carnitas seasoning is going to consist of a mixture of salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.
- Apply: Add the carnitas seasoning to the meat so that it covers all sides of the shoulder.
- Lay: Put the seasoned pork shoulder into a slow cooker (Crockpot) for 10 hours on low or 6 hours on high. You may add onion, jalapeno, or even garlic inside the pot so that the juices mix throughout the cooking process.
- Check: After the allotted time has elapsed, check to see if your carnitas is ready by testing if it is tender enough to shred.
- Additional: Once you have taken the carnitas out, cut it into pieces of your liking and you may add it to any taco or even burrito. If not, you can just have it on a plate with a side of the Guacamole recipe I wrote about before!
This carnitas recipe is very easy to make and should be easy to maintain since the amount of time it takes to cook is long. The wait for your creation may be long but once you have pulled the carnitas out of your slow cooker, you will one hundred percent satisfied with it.